Made by LA. Made in LA.
The city of Los Angeles is a true filmstar itself. It’s also more things than one person can experience during one’s lifespan. Most prominently, it is the home of Hollywood. Because of that, or, many times rather: despite that, over time, the city has inspired many unmissable films and series, while charming itself into being part of the respective starring roles. While throughout history, Hollywood more and more has transformed from a stationary locale into something more like a radiant term, globally used to describe a state of mind to run a media business in, Los Angeles continues to inspire some of the greatest stories ever told on screens just by being what it has been ever since: Los Angeles. A unique US West Coast city, that presents everything this planets’ civilization has to offer in one place. Here comes a collection of selected “Los Angeles” film and TV titles — all of them made in LA, made by LA. No rankings. To be continued over time.
- The Big Lebowski · A film by Joel and Ethan Coen
- LA Confidential · A film by Curtis Hanson
- Magnolia · A film by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Punch Drunk Love · A film by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Boogie Nights · A film by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Curb Your Enthusiasm · Series · Season 1–10
- Entourage · Series · Season 1–8
- Training Day · A film by Antoine Fuqua
- Spanglish · A film by James L. Brooks
- Mulholland Drive · A film by David Lynch
- The Fast and the Furious · A film by Rob Cohen
- Yes, Man · A film by Payton Reed